7 Hamburg groups for Dubai jazz fest
Dubai, February 13, 2010
A total of seven combos from the Germany’s northern metropolis Hamburg are taking part in an ongoing jazz festival Dubai.
The Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival, which opened on February 10, will run up to February 19 at the Network Jazz Garden in Dubai Media City.
The seven combos from the city include Tringvall Trio, Nils Wülker, Nighthawks, Lutz Büchner Quartett, Mischa Schumann, Massoud Godemann Trio and the Quintet Jean-Paul.
The variety of styles will give a good impression on how Hamburg inspires creativity and culture, a statement said.
The city’s participation in this year’s Dubai jazz festival is expected to provide a glimpse of its diverse, vibrant landscape of culture and sub-culture offers a stimulating environment and excellent opportunities for culturally productive talents of all types.
Hamburg’s participation at the festival takes place on the initiative of the Hamburg Representative Office, the first port of call for any information about Hamburg or for inquiries on the business relationship between the UAE and Hamburg, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show