7 Hamburg groups for Dubai jazz fest
Dubai, February 13, 2010
A total of seven combos from the Germany’s northern metropolis Hamburg are taking part in an ongoing jazz festival Dubai.
The Skywards Dubai International Jazz Festival, which opened on February 10, will run up to February 19 at the Network Jazz Garden in Dubai Media City.
The seven combos from the city include Tringvall Trio, Nils Wülker, Nighthawks, Lutz Büchner Quartett, Mischa Schumann, Massoud Godemann Trio and the Quintet Jean-Paul.
The variety of styles will give a good impression on how Hamburg inspires creativity and culture, a statement said.
The city’s participation in this year’s Dubai jazz festival is expected to provide a glimpse of its diverse, vibrant landscape of culture and sub-culture offers a stimulating environment and excellent opportunities for culturally productive talents of all types.
Hamburg’s participation at the festival takes place on the initiative of the Hamburg Representative Office, the first port of call for any information about Hamburg or for inquiries on the business relationship between the UAE and Hamburg, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal