CNN unveils brand licensing initiative
Dubai, March 18, 2010
CNN is planning to expand its portfolio of product and services with the announcement of a brand licensing initiative.
It is seeking a select roster of partners with the vision to translate the key characteristics of its globally respected brand into high quality, commercially viable licensed products.
A product concept guide has been created which focuses on travel and business products for the first phase of the campaign and conversations have started with partners in the field including travel guide publishers and luggage and travel accessories manufacturers.
“This is an exciting first step in translating the CNN values into relevant products that speak to our international credentials and get us in front of new audiences. At the same time, it marks the beginning of a new revenue stream for a brand that is always looking for innovative new business models,” said Mark Haviland, marketing director CNN International Emea.
The licensing programme will be managed by Turner CN Enterprises, the merchandising and Home Entertainment division of CNN's parent company Turner Broadcasting Emea.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course