CNN unveils brand licensing initiative
Dubai, March 18, 2010
CNN is planning to expand its portfolio of product and services with the announcement of a brand licensing initiative.
It is seeking a select roster of partners with the vision to translate the key characteristics of its globally respected brand into high quality, commercially viable licensed products.
A product concept guide has been created which focuses on travel and business products for the first phase of the campaign and conversations have started with partners in the field including travel guide publishers and luggage and travel accessories manufacturers.
“This is an exciting first step in translating the CNN values into relevant products that speak to our international credentials and get us in front of new audiences. At the same time, it marks the beginning of a new revenue stream for a brand that is always looking for innovative new business models,” said Mark Haviland, marketing director CNN International Emea.
The licensing programme will be managed by Turner CN Enterprises, the merchandising and Home Entertainment division of CNN's parent company Turner Broadcasting Emea.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head