Home Centre opens 11th UAE store
Dubai, March 23, 2010
Home Centre opened its eleventh UAE store in the new Mirdiff City Centre, maintaining its position as the largest home furnishings company in the country.
Home Centre has almost 2.4 million sq ft of retail space across the region, and this new outlet will be the latest and newest addition to the retail chain.
“Despite the challenges the country and the region faced last year, we managed to maintain our footfall in our stores, where others in the industry have seen an approximate 20 per cent decline,” stated Home Centre’s CEO Jon Jagtiani.
Home Centre also announced further branch openings in the region and beyond.
In addition to the new Mirdiff City Centre store, the retail giant will be opening a store in Delma Mall in Abu Dhabi later this year, as well as a further two stores in Saudi Arabia.
Outside the GCC, in the past year Home Centre has also opened two stores in Egypt along with a further four in India.
In addition to business expansion, the new store also showcased the fresh new brand being launched by the company.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting