Home Centre opens 11th UAE store
Dubai, March 23, 2010
Home Centre opened its eleventh UAE store in the new Mirdiff City Centre, maintaining its position as the largest home furnishings company in the country.
Home Centre has almost 2.4 million sq ft of retail space across the region, and this new outlet will be the latest and newest addition to the retail chain.
“Despite the challenges the country and the region faced last year, we managed to maintain our footfall in our stores, where others in the industry have seen an approximate 20 per cent decline,” stated Home Centre’s CEO Jon Jagtiani.
Home Centre also announced further branch openings in the region and beyond.
In addition to the new Mirdiff City Centre store, the retail giant will be opening a store in Delma Mall in Abu Dhabi later this year, as well as a further two stores in Saudi Arabia.
Outside the GCC, in the past year Home Centre has also opened two stores in Egypt along with a further four in India.
In addition to business expansion, the new store also showcased the fresh new brand being launched by the company.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires