Ernst & Young marks Women’s Day
Manama, April 1, 2010
Ernst & Young (E&Y), a global leader in assurance, tax and advisory services, marked the International Women’s Day with an event that featured women achievers at E&Y who spoke on empowerment and their successful career paths.
The event, held recently at the Golden Tulip Hotel in Manama, also prompted a lively discussion with quips, inspirational stories and anecdotes at the workplace.
“Our business is driven by ideas, solutions and innovations,” said Noor Abid, managing partner, assurance, Ernst & Young Middle East.
“Their abundance completely rests on the sheer diversity of those driving the firm. Ernst & Young has always had a business case and a winning proposition for diversity and inclusivity,” she added.
“Our market leadership and the numerous awards for diversity validate our long held ideas and values on the issue. The event was a key milestone on our ongoing journey of diversity.”
The proceedings were led by an interactive presentation on diversity in the work place, strategies to empower women, and the cultural aspects and challenges that women face.
The consensus that emerged was that women not only played an important role in the firm and had a stake in its growth but the firm also had a major stake in their career development and growth. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement