91-year-old becomes NBC millionaire
Dubai, April 7, 2010
National Bonds Corporation, the Sharia-compliant savings scheme, said Francis Joseph O’Brienwas, a 91-year old Irish national, has become its oldest winner in the millionaire draw.
Francis Joseph was among the four winners of the millionaire draw held this month. Rawia AE and Khalid Hassan from Egypt and Ahmed M. from UAE were the other winners.
National Bonds said starting from this month it has evolved on to a weekly and a monthly draw format to create the biggest ever draw structure of its kind in the UAE.
'There will be 22,250 monthly winners, one bondholder will become a National Bonds millionaire every month while there will be 5,135 prizes every week, which will be distributed across different prize categories – 5 prizes of Dh10,000, 10 prizes of Dh5,000, 20 prizes of Dh1,000, 100 prizes of Dh500 and 5,000 prizes of Dh100,' it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals