Islamic fashion portal launched
Dubai, May 3, 2010
A team of upcoming Islamic fashion designers have launched 3abaya.com, the first shopping portal for cultural fashion in the region.
Bringing together rising-star designers and the stylish and culturally proud modern woman, 3abaya.com is a new and innovative shopping experience offering a wide range of cultural fashionwear from select designers.
Exclusive to members only, 3abaya.com provides an opportunity not only to shop for independent, fashionable and flamboyant designs, but also grants access to exclusive garments that are simply not available on the high street, said Hind Baker, owner and creator of 3abaya.com.
'To make a statement in today’s fashion world, one has to carry the essence of our culture. 3abaya.com is for women who want to look elegant and sophisticated yet carry their own personality and culture through their fashion,' she stated.
'This portal is a platform for those women who have the frequent urge to indulge in retail therapy but may not always be able to act on it due to their busy working, home and social lives,' she remarked.
'Although membership is granted on an invitation only basis, interested customers can apply to join via the website (www.3abaya.com), and will be provided with a response to their request within two days,' she added.
3abaya.com’s launch caters to the increasing demand for Islamic fashion, allowing the region’s modern women to have the option to be creative yet stay traditional.
'A largely untapped market, Islamic fashion is a growing trend, with worldwide sales estimated to be worth more than $96 billion annually (Dh350 billion),' she added.
3abaya.com’s up-and-coming designers include Dibaj, Effa, Sweety, Homa Q, Nabrman. Committed to the highest standards of design, materials and manufacture, 3abaya.com’s membership only model ensures that each designer’s intellectual property is protected.
“Together with this team of rising-star designers who are stylish and culturally proud women, we are driven to offer countless options of cutting-edge couture to women all over the world who share the same taste,” Baker remarked.
3abaya.com offers a unique online shopping experience, where the user selects the design they want and has it tailor-made through the site’s measurement guide tool.
'To add a personal touch, every order is individually made, gift-wrapped and hand-delivered to addresses across the GCC. All purchases made through 3abaya.com are also backed by secure credit card transactions,' Baker added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai private security firm gets key certification
- Dutch firm wins Algeria interior ministry order
- Bahrain SMEs 'on the verge of closure'
- Unrest victim's kin stranded at Bahrain airport
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet