Riyadh hotel plans British, Irish food fest
Riyadh, May 8, 2010
Hotel Al Khozama, a Rosewood hotel in Riyadh, will offer tastes from England and Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland at an upcoming food festival.
Held in cooperation with the British Embassy and the Embassy of Ireland, the British and Irish Food Festival will run from May 9 to 31 at the hotel’s Garden Barbeque restaurant.
A variety of traditional starters, main courses and main dishes such as pies, fish and chips, and roast beef from England, Haggis from Scotland, Irish stew and special lamb dishes from Wales in addition to a variety of dishes from the Indian cuisine which has become a part of the British cuisine, are among the offerings.
Hotel Al Khozama’s Irish Chef Gareth Carberry with his team will be working with the British visiting chef Oliver Ridgeway to offer their best recipes.
“Our festival unites authentic British and Irish Food cuisine, with the highest quality of ingredients, and flawless personalized service, ensuring that all of our guests experience an authentic and exciting encounter with the cuisine and culture,” said Peter Finamore, managing director at Hotel Al Khozama.
The famous bagpipe player Gavin Moffat, who served as a piper with the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, will play at the opening ceremony.
At the end of the event, there will be a raffle draw and the lucky winner will be offered a flight for two persons to the UK or Ireland. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain