Ajman City Centre hosts photo expo
Ajman, May 24, 2010
Ajman City Centre, in association with the Ajman Education Zone, recently hosted a photography exhibition to promote young talent and encourage students to take up photography as a productive pastime.
The two-day exhibition, organised under the patronage of the Culture and Media Department in Ajman, was held in the lobby of the Ajmaan City Centre, opposite the cinemas.
It was inaugurated by Sheikh Abdul Aziz Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, general director of Department of Culture & Information.
On display were 40 photographs taken by school students from the Ajman Education Zone.
Jassim Al Khaja, mall manager at Ajman City Centre, said the exhibition was part of the collaborative efforts of community organisations and education departments to promote student talent.
“Community malls like Ajman City Centre play a major role in bringing people closer and building mutual understanding. The exhibition provided a platform for the display and appreciation of talent while inspiring students to look at photography as a means of expressing their creativity,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Ajman City Centre |
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head