Samsung, Orbit announce HDTV partnership
Dubai, May 27, 2010
Samsung Electronics, a global leader in digital media, has signed an agreement with Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) to support the network’s high-definition decoder roll out and channel line-up.
The agreement which will span OSN’s complete Middle East footprint from May 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011, underscores the perfect fit offered by Samsung’s high-definition televisions in maximizing the OSN HD viewing experience, said a statement.
“The Samsung-OSN HD partnership will offer viewers unparalleled entertainment experience with 75 premium channels including eight HD channels – such as OSN Movies, Show Sports 1 HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, and Food Network HD among others,” said Kyungtae Bae, president of Samsung Electronics Middle East & North Africa Headquarters.
He said: “Our partnership with OSN marks the collaboration of two leaders in home entertainment. While OSN’s new HD decoder rollout offers the consumer unprecedented content quality and choice, as the recommended HD TV brand, Samsungs products will further enhance the consumers viewing experience. We will be leveraging our leading technologies and differentiated marketing platforms to create a long-term association with OSN to further enhance our market share in the Middle East region.”
OSN is the first and only broadcaster, in the region, to bring an exclusive bouquet of eight high-definition channels through various packages and will embark on a well planned roll out of HD decoders to the region, he said.
Marc-Antoine d’Halluin, president and CEO of OSN, said: “We are very pleased to be collaborating with Samsung Electronics for our high definition decoder roll out. Our new HD channel lineup –the first in the region, and our packages in general offer huge variety of choice for our existing and potential new customers. Watching HD content on an HD ready TV will offer the ultimate TV experience for our subscriber which is an important driver for our business. It really highlights us as front-runners in the industry and we are proud to partner with Samsung”.
The HD 1080i experience with Dolby Digital plus offered by the OSN, delivers an exceptional audio-visual experience, especially when viewed on Samsung’s latest 3D LED Television which can convert 2D signals into genuine 3D content.
Samsung will be bolstering its full line up of HD flat panel televisions with the introduction of a comprehensive 3D TV solution. These new 3D TV sets will not only provide Full HD 3D support, as seen in the cinema, but will also display high quality HD images, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station