Gulf Marcom chief wins IAA award
Manama, May 29, 2010
The chairman of Gulf Marcom Group, a leading advertising and public relations agency in Bahrain, was recently awarded the Medal of Merit by the International Advertising Association (IAA) in Moscow.
“It is indeed a great honour to receive such an award which demonstrates the recognition by the international advertising and marketing communications industry of the achievements made in this region,” said Khamis Al Muqla at the awards event at the Kremlin Palace Congress Centre in Moscow during the IAA 2010 World Congress.
“It is also a reflection of the significant role played by the IAA chapters in the Middle East, as well as the active involvement of the IAA Bahrain Chapter through its participation in the IAA regional and worldwide board meetings as well as World Congresses,” he added.
Al Muqla continued: “I have been associated with the IAA since my early days in the industry when I started my advertising, marketing communications career in Bahrain. I attended the first IAA World Congress in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1978 and ever since this profession has been the focus of my life.”
“This award provides me with an impetus to further contribute to the industry and continue my efforts to build and develop an Arab industry that serves the ambitions and aspirations of the Gulf and Arab countries,” he concluded.
Al Muqla is also the IAA Worldwide board member and president of IAA Bahrain Chapter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan