Admaf holds musical event in Fujairah
Abu Dhabi, June 5, 2010
The Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation (Admaf) organised an orchestra in Fujairah that included works from internationally acclaimed composers as part of its community programme.
The Emirates Youth Symphony Orchestra, which teaches classical music to children, presented the programme the Cultural Theatre in Fujairah yesterday (June 4).
The programme included works Handel, Mozart, Vivaldi, Monti and others under the guidance of the orchestra’s founder and conductor Riad Kudsi. The programme also featured a piece of an Arabic folk song, composed by Kudsi.
“The community programme of Admaf is a true celebration of the concept of Bilad Al Khayr (Land of blessings), in the UAE, a country of tolerance, respect and enlightenment,” said Hoda Al-Khamis Kanoo, founder of Admaf.
“We are keen to continuously expand our support for civil society organisations that serve the community and for young talent with the aim of enhancing the self confidence, artistic skills and creativity of our young generation, which plays a pivotal role in our society,” she added.
Established in 1993, the Emirates Youth Symphony Orchestra is formed of over 25 young gifted musicians from all over the world. It has participated in several international music festivals in countries such as the Czech Republic, France, Kuwait and Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan