Dewa marks World Environment Day
Dubai, June 6, 2010
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) celebrated World Environment Day (June 5), by holding outreach activities to promote best electricity and water consumption practices.
Dewa, in collaboration with Dubai Silicon Oasis, held a smart exhibition on June 4 at Dubai Festival City, aimed at educating children on the importance and need to save electricity and water. The young apprentices were taken through a journey of serious conservation messages that were skillfully embedded in playful cartoon visuals on posters and roll-ups. Dewa staff explained the implications depicted in the exhibited displays.
In continuation of the World Environment Day celebration Dewa will conduct another exhibition at the Dubai Land Department on June 8 to promote the green building concept.
“Dewa in accordance with the guidelines set out by Dubai’s environmental plan endeavors every opportunity to protect and preserve the natural resources through a year-round efficient conservation initiatives and programmes,” said Saeed Mohammad Al Tayer, MD and chief of Dewa.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey