DIAC launches ‘Plant a Tree’ campaign
Dubai, June 9, 2010
Dubai International Academic City (DIAC), the higher education free zone and a member of Tecom Investments’ Education Cluster, has launched the ‘Plant a Tree’ campaign as part of its 'World Environment Day' celebrations.
The campaign is aimed at raising public awareness on the threat of global climate change and ways to minimize its impact, said a DIAC statement.
Representatives from a number of campuses within the free zone and employees from facilities management provider Idama participated in the tree planting campaign, another green initiative aligned with the sustainable development practices DIAC implements within the campus, it stated.
The other green initiatives currently undertaken by DIAC include energy metering for various end users, de-lamping of offices, as well as reserving five per cent of the parking space for low-emitting, fuel efficient vehicles and hybrid cars, the statement added.
The Dubai International Academic City Phase-III complex has also achieved the coveted status of the first and largest Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified academic facility in the Middle East.
Located in the Dubai Academic City, the DIAC is the only Free Zone dedicated to higher education. A regional base for premier international higher education institutions, DIAC is the first dedicated tertiary cluster development.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm