Jotun supports children with cancer in Egypt
Cairo, June 14, 2010
Jotun Paints, the leading producer of paints and coatings, has partnered with an Egyptian NGO to support the treatment of cancer-afflicted children in the country.
Driven by its belief in the power of colours to bring smiles to people, Jotun will paint the first phase of the ‘Friends of Children with Cancer’ (FOCC) project - the ‘Health and Hope Oasis’, a nutritional and recreational centre for children with cancer who are undergoing treatment.
The ‘Health and Hope Oasis’ aims to offer children with cancer the opportunity to escape the confines of the hospital and be in a healthy and nurturing environment where they can receive nutritional support critical for the success of recovery and cure rate.
Jotun Paints’ involvement in the project will entail the provision of paint on the project's first phase, which includes 64 accommodation units for children and their families, kitchen facilities, multipurpose activity centre and staff housing.
“The capacity of colour to influence human emotions is a core belief that continues to inspire us in the Jotun Group to become involved in initiatives supporting charity organisations,” said Per Harald Engesaeth, general manager, El Mohandes Jotun Paints Egypt.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals