DRC to build $109m soft drinks factory
Dubai, June 23, 2010
Dubai Refreshment Company (DRC), the sole franchisee of PepsiCo products in Dubai and Northern Emirates, will build a new, Dh400 million soft drinks factory and warehouse facility at Dubai Investments Park (DIP).
DRC has acquired 140,000 square meters of prime industrial land at DIP to build the integrated facility.
“DIP is today the most sought-after industrial location in the UAE and has become the preferred logistics hub for companies throughout the region. Despite the difficult market environment, DIP continues to witness strong demand for industrial plots as well as warehouse complexes,” stated Omar Al Mesmar, general manager of DIP.
“The new factory and warehouse represent a significant long-term investment for Dubai Refreshment Company,” added Mana Al Mulla, managing director of Dubai Refreshment Company.
“The move will allow us to consolidate our services in a convenient strategic location, and thereby gain a distinct competitive advantage.”
The new DRC plant will have a capacity of 150 million cases per year – nearly thrice the company’s existing capacity. Construction on the new plant and warehouse is expected to commence by December this year, and is scheduled for completion in early 2012.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse