Thales wins Oman navy contract
Paris, June 28, 2010
French defence giant Thales has won a major contract from the Royal Navy of Oman to equip patrol boats and corvettes with Vigile electronic support measures (ESM) systems.
The Vigile family of ESM solutions that includes Vigile 200 and Vigile 400 systems has been developed to monitor, measure and analyse electromagnetic signals, providing the crew with early warning, situation awareness and electromagnetic signals intelligence functions in both open ocean and dense littoral environments.
With Thales systems, the Royal Navy of Oman will benefit from the most advanced ESM solutions available today, fully tailored to its specific operational requirements, said a company statement.
The Vigile 200 system offers excellent surveillance coverage, while the Vigile 400 has the highest performance system.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head