Hershey opens Chocolate World in Dubai
Dubai, July 1, 2010
The Hershey Company has announced plans to open its first Middle East Hershey's Chocolate World store in Dubai at the world's largest shopping and entertainment destination in the world, The Dubai Mall.
Hershey, known as 'The Chocolate Company' in the US, said it has signed a deal with Retail Is Detail for the expansion and franchise rights of Hershey's Chocolate World in the Middle East and South East Asia.
The company intends to launch more Hershey's Chocolate World concept stores in both continents within the coming months, said a top company official.
"We are absolutely thrilled to be the first to launch the Hershey's Chocolate World concept in the Middle East," said Sunaina Gill, director of Retail Is Detail.
"At Hershey's, you will find hundreds of exclusive products including giant chocolate bars, Hershey memorabilia, and even customized products. The store is a great way for people to enjoy our chocolate, but it's also a fun, interactive experience for visitors of all ages."
"Fun, sweetness and adventure awaits at Dubai's Hershey's Chocolate World. You'll be greeted by a giant Hershey bar & Kisses character as you enter this delightful world of excitement and entertainment devoted to all things chocolate."
"The store offers more than 300 Hershey's products including giant chocolate bars, Hershey memorabilia, and even customized products," she noted.
"Consumers around the world recognize Hershey's Kisses," Gill said. "They are known as tokens of affection and have become extremely popular gifts, and of course, they're delicious."
The Hershey's store is located on the Second Floor of The Dubai Mall, between Reel Cinemas and the Food Court.
"Capture your special experience at Hershey's Chocolate World with Hershey's Moments! Using special Green Screen technology, you can now customize your very own Hershey's Chocolate Bar or Hershey's Syrup Coin Bank," said Gill.
"Create your own special Hershey's moments by having your picture taken and coming up with personalized messages to place onto your Hershey's Chocolate Bar or Hershey's Syrup Coin Bank that will be unique to you and your loved ones," she added.
Ted Jastrzebski, senior vice president, Hershey International, said, "The Dubai store is in a terrific location. It represents an important investment in the Middle East and will help increase consumer awareness. But most importantly, it's about having fun and enjoying great chocolate."
Hershey's Chocolate World Dubai is also home to the World's Largest Hershey Chocolate bar, weighing in at an extensive 5 pounds and sized at 60 cm by 30 cm.
"In addition, the store is also home to the World's Largest Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and World's largest KISS, never before seen in this part of the world, noted Gill.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack