OSN to telecast Avatar in HD
Dubai, July 5, 2010
OSN – Orbit Showtime Network, a leading subscription TV service in Mena, will telecast director James Cameron’s high-tech film Avatar in high definition (HD) from July 23.
The movie will be telecast in HD on OSN Cinema HD and in standard definition on OSN Cinema 1.
Around 50,000 OSN customers in the region who have OSN HD boxes are already enjoying high definition entertainment through nine exclusive HD channels, a statement said.
Knocking Titanic off the hot spot, Avatar now claims the title as the biggest film of all time at the box-office, reaping in a staggering $1.9 billion.
James Cameron, the Oscar-winning director of Titanic, first conceived the film 15 years ago, when the means to realize his vision did not exist yet.
Now, after four years of production, Avatar, a live action film with a new generation of special effects, delivers a fully immersive cinematic experience with revolutionary technology.
OSN’s high definition TV offers up to five times more picture detail, vibrant colour and superb quality sound, the statement added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn