Bahrain expo industry to bolster growth
Manama, July 6, 2010
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) chairman Dr Essam Fakhro has stressed the importance of the exhibition industry in spurring economic growth.
'Most developing countries are banking on this value adding industry to diversify their economies and ensure more dividends,' he said, stressing the BCCI's strong backing for this vital sector.
Dr Fakhro was speaking as he received Al Hilal Group managing director Ronnie Middleton at Bait Al Tijjar to discuss co-operation in holding regional and global exhibitions.
He hailed the group's efforts, describing the exhibition industry as a key pillar of national economy. He also pointed out the BCCI's success in organising major exhibitions and conventions.
'Bahrain boasts one of biggest and most modern centres in the region for holding specialised exhibitions,' he said, expressing the BCCI's readiness to co-operate with the group to bolster the exhibition industry.
Middleton praised the BCCI's pivotal role in serving the national economy and promoting a positive business environment.
He also expressed the group's keen interest to find ways tor co-operate with the BCCI in jointly organising exhibitions in Bahrain.
Present were BCCI board members Abdulhamid Al Kooheji and Kadhim Al Saed, Al Hilal Group project director Badea Marzook and BCCI labour market management and studies senior director Dr Mondher Al Khour.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals