'Crackdown 2' for Xbox launched in ME
Dubai, July 11, 2010
The highly anticipated summer blockbuster, 'Crackdown 2', exclusively for Xbox 360, has been launched across the Middle East.
Developed by Ruffian Games and published by Microsoft Game Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, 'Crackdown 2' is available in the UAE at an estimated retail price of Dh249 and is rated PEGI 18.
The sequel to the award-winning 'Crackdown', 'Crackdown 2' builds upon the sizzling, action-packed gameplay of its predecessor, including the all-new 4-player co-op and 16-player multiplayer modes. With formidable new enemies called the Cell and the Freaks standing in the way of the Agency’s goal to restore order, players return as genetically enhanced Agents in 'Crackdown 2' to once again bring peace to Pacific City – by any means necessary in one of the most explosive and interactive open worlds for fans to explore and experiment with, a statement said.
“Crackdown 2 is the much awaited sequel to the award winning vertical-world adventure game and is the ultimate open-ended world action experience. The game lets you be judge, jury and executioner for a huge, fully explorable city and takes multi-player gaming to unprecedented levels. It builds upon the original title in every way and we are pleased to offer our fans in the Middle East the most complete action experience on Xbox 360,” said Aman Sangar, product marketing manager at Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division Middle East.
In addition, fans are invited to take the action even further in the popular Facebook game, 'Chuck’s Ducks 2', which is tied to the gameplay in 'Crackdown 2'. By participating in the carnival-inspired game, players and their friends can earn and activate an exclusive, daily supply of explosive sticky duck bombs, called Quackers, for use in the multiplayer mode in 'Crackdown 2'.
The demo introduces players to the single player campaign, 4-player co-op with friends and an inventive sandbox style that lets you play how you want, when you want. You’ll get a taste of power thanks to the demo’s accelerated leveling and if you’re a fan of Achievements, the ones you earn in the 'Crackdown 2' demo will be counted and deferred when you purchase and play the retail game, added Sangar.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station