Study on Sheikh Zayed poetry unveiled
Abu Dhabi, July 12, 2010
The Poetry Academy at the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (Adach) has issued a new edition of the book 'An Analytical Study of the Poetry of the Late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan'.
The book was written by the UAE researcher Mohammed Abdullah Nur al-Deen.
Nur al-Deen analyses the poems of Sheikh Zayed in a critical and eloquent way, particularly concentrating on the social and political aspects of his work, a statement said.
The first edition of the book was issued in late 2008.
The researcher begins by briefly outlining the main events of the era in which Sheikh Zayed was born and raised. It looks at his life from this early point, right up until he ruled the emirate of Abu Dhabi during the sixties.
His poems highlight the political and international impacts of this volatile period of time. Nur al-Deen points out, in the introduction to the book, 'Sheikh Zayed's poetry is characterised by his humanitarian side. His work paints a picture which shows the simple desires of the human being who is fond of environmental beauty and the scenic natural world.'
The new 331-page edition has been both revised and expanded.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires