TBWA\RAAD wins 2 Cannes Lion awards
Dubai, July 13, 2010
TBWARAAD agencies in the UAE have won two Bronze Lions at the 2010 Cannes Lions Advertising Festival held recently.
The First Lion was awarded to Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) TVC 'Be Still', while the second one was awarded to The Fridge 'Find Music' campaign. Over 23,000 of the best creative advertising campaigns from around the world were showcased and judged at this year's festival.
'The beauty of this idea is in its simplicity, it is clear and concise and creates an immediate bond with the audience to convey a message of hospitality from a rich and generous culture. This is the very first Lion in Abu Dhabi's history and I am glad that it was awarded to work that showcases this great city,' said Martin Lever, executive creative director, TBWARAAD and co-writer of the TVC.
“With twelve Lions won, the Mena region can be justifiably proud of one of its best ever performances at this year’s Cannes Festival and the region’s work will only continue to get better,” added Reda Raad, group managing director of TBWARAAD.
The TBWA Worldwide network had 134 shortlisted pieces of work from 20 of its agencies. TBWA won a total of 53 Lions, beating the total of last year by 22, including two Grand Prixs, 14 Golds, 12 Silvers and 24 Bronzes.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Abu Dhabi chosen for incentive by Openwork
- Talabat online deliveries hit record 3m
- Bahrain’s food usage rate to top CAGR of 2pc
- Jotun launches coatings for home products
- Home security sales surging in Bahrain
- Gulf naval drill highlights mine risk to shipping
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy