Sikorsky clinches big Saudi copter deal
London, July 21, 2010
The Saudi ministry of interior (MOI) has signed a contract with US-based Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation to procure 12 S-76D helicopters and has also taken options to acquire eight additional S-76D aircraft.
Sikorsky, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation, is a global leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service.
The S-76D helicopter is the latest model in the highly successful S-76 helicopter line which will fit for security, transport and other missions, said a company statement. Delivery of the first helicopter is scheduled for early 2012, it added.
"We're truly honored to work with the MOI and proud to be announcing the largest S-76D fleet order to date," said Shane Eddy, vice president of Sikorsky Global Helicopters.
"We appreciate the opportunity to show that the S-76D helicopter will provide the superior performance and capability that the MOI requires and is well-suited for operations throughout the region," he added.
Sikorsky, Eddy said, had produced and delivered nearly 800 S-76 helicopters.
"Among the S-76D helicopter's features are all-composite, flaw-tolerant main rotor blades; an advanced Thales avionics system and autopilot; dual rotor speed for quiet mode operation with active vibration control; powerful Pratt & Whitney 210S engines; a quiet mode; and an optional Rotor Ice Protection System (RIPS) for all-weather capability," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers