Sharjah Chamber hosts charity exhibition
Sharjah, July 22, 2010
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) and the Sharjah Social Empowerment Foundation (SSEF) recently hosted a charity exhibition showcasing handcrafted products made by orphan girls.
The exhibition, which is part of the local chamber’s CSR and services initiatives, aimed at offering a wide array of hand-made products and accessories to chamber employees, clients and visitors who visited the exhibition. Proceeds of the event will be used for the benefit of the orphan girls who are under the care of SSEF.
All products that were exhibited are a result of the foundation’s production workshop program, which seeks to teach the orphans how to create products for a livelihood.
Showcased products included Arabic-themed living room accessories and handmade fabrics like table linen, bedroom linen and prayer carpet sets.
“We are pleased with the positive response received from hosting this charity exhibition; not only were we able to showcase the talent and creativity of the orphans under SSEF’s care but we were also able to help raise funds for their benefit,” said Hussein Mohammed Al Mahmoudi, director general, SCCI.
“The SCCI’s efforts will surely help the foundation’s aim to improve the status of orphaned children by providing them with the necessary educational, social, health and psychological support,” added Mona Bin Huda Al Suwaidi, director, SSEF.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks