Sharjah Chamber hosts charity exhibition
Sharjah, July 22, 2010
The Sharjah Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI) and the Sharjah Social Empowerment Foundation (SSEF) recently hosted a charity exhibition showcasing handcrafted products made by orphan girls.
The exhibition, which is part of the local chamber’s CSR and services initiatives, aimed at offering a wide array of hand-made products and accessories to chamber employees, clients and visitors who visited the exhibition. Proceeds of the event will be used for the benefit of the orphan girls who are under the care of SSEF.
All products that were exhibited are a result of the foundation’s production workshop program, which seeks to teach the orphans how to create products for a livelihood.
Showcased products included Arabic-themed living room accessories and handmade fabrics like table linen, bedroom linen and prayer carpet sets.
“We are pleased with the positive response received from hosting this charity exhibition; not only were we able to showcase the talent and creativity of the orphans under SSEF’s care but we were also able to help raise funds for their benefit,” said Hussein Mohammed Al Mahmoudi, director general, SCCI.
“The SCCI’s efforts will surely help the foundation’s aim to improve the status of orphaned children by providing them with the necessary educational, social, health and psychological support,” added Mona Bin Huda Al Suwaidi, director, SSEF.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan