Oman air force buys Lockheed, Airbus planes
Muscat, August 17, 2010
Oman's air force signed agreements to buy two C-130J transport aircraft from Lockheed Martin and one A320 plane from Airbus, the state news agency ONA said.
Oman's minister in charge of defence affairs, Badr bin Saud bin Hareb al-Bousaidi, signed the deals for the three aircraft with representatives of the companies, ONA said.
The agency did not give financial details of the purchases by the Gulf Arab sultanate, a Western ally. – Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract