Fertiliser summit to tackle key issues
Dubai, August 25, 2010
Key issues such as fertiliser markets, supply of main nutrients and food security will be the main focus of an upcoming convention in Dubai.
The Gulf Petrochemical and Chemicals Association (GPCA), in association with British Sulphur Events, will organise the inaugural GPCA Fertiliser Convention- Forecasting Fertiliser Demand- Strategies for Supply, which will from September 28 to 30 in Dubai.
Organisations including the Food and Agriculture Organisation, International Fertiliser Development Centre, the International Energy Agency and Fertiliser Associations will be participating in the programme.
General managers from key fertiliser companies from around the world will be represented on the speaker panel, including Sabic, K+S Kali, Agromate Holdings, Incitec Pivot and Ma’aden.
The programme will also cover technological developments in the large-scale production of nitrogen fertilisers, which are used in greater volume than any other and are manufactured in large quantities by GPCA members.
The GPCA Fertiliser Convention will bring together senior fertiliser executives from the production, consumer, trading and technology sectors to discuss the current and future market requirements, capacity planning and action for achieving increases in efficiency for fertiliser use. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head