Photo expo begins registration
Sharjah, August 28, 2010
Al Qasba, the premier tourist and entertainment destination in Sharjah, has begun registration for a new photography exhibition, which aims to depict the social, cultural and geographical frontiers of the peninsula.
The exhibition, titled Regarding Borders, is open to the public at large, and residents and visitors alike are invited to explore the region’s rich natural environment and examine the interplay between its many contrasting cultures.
All lens-based art including photography, photo-collage, and film and video works will be considered for inclusion in the exhibition as long as they are received ahead of the September 25 deadline.
Exhibition curators at Maraya Art Centre hope to collect a “visual record” of this particular time and place in Middle East history, creating a snapshot of the Arabian Peninsula in the modern era while promoting a greater appreciation for the treasures that define the region today.
Regarding Borders exhibit will be finalized this autumn and appear to the public before the end of 2010, hosted at Maraya Art Centre in partnership with The Shelter.
“Regarding Borders is an open invitation for local artists to express their unique perceptions of life in the Gulf,” said The Shelter curator, Madeline Yale.
“This is an ever-changing region where ancient traditions are kept alive in a modernizing global system, and that balance sets the stage for an incredible insight into the character of Arabia and its people,” she added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm
- Bahrain celebrates Women’s Day
- US Navy plans expansion in Bahrain