Two held for attack on Bahrain editor
Manama, August 30, 2010
Two men suspected of attempting to assassinate the editor of a Bahrain newspaper last week have been arrested, said a senior security officla.
The duo, aged 27 and 21, have admitted attacking Al Watan managing editor Muhannad Abu Zeitoun, Public Security chief Major General Tariq bin Dayna said.
They have been referred to the Public Prosecution, he said.
Abu Zeitoun, 31, suffered a shoulder injury after being stabbed with a sharp object and his car was also set on fire at 3am on Wednesday outside the Arabic publication's office in Riffa.
The Palestinian was taken to hospital, but released shortly after treatment.
His Majesty King Hamad received cables of congratulations from officials and citizens over the arrest, praising the security authorities for the quick action in the case.
They also strongly condemned sabotage and violence in the country and pledged their support to the King for his efforts to strengthen Bahrain as a land of peace, security and justice. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan