GPIC chief elected to US safety panel
Manama, August 31, 2010
Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) general manager Abdulrahman Jawahery has been elected member of the US National Safety Council (NSC) board of directors.
Jawahery is the first person from the GCC and Middle East region to be elected to the board, a company statement said.
He has also been appointed a member of the NSC strategic committee and the board trustees committee.
The Itasca, Illinois-based NSC, a non-profit, non-governmental public service organisation, is dedicated to protecting life and promoting health in the US.
It was founded in 1913 and given a congressional charter in 1953. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm