OSN's new receiver offers 'on demand' service
Dubai, September 5, 2010
OSN (Orbit Showtime Network) has launched its state-of-the-art HD and satellite DVR receiver, the “OSN Showbox HD”, featuring OSN On Demand services.
The service offers, for the first time in the Middle East and at the touch of a button, viewers the option to watch over 1,000 movies and over 52 latest seasons of the top series in full HD quality and Dolby Digital sound.
With the OSN Showbox HD, subscribers can now watch what they want when they want from a list of over 35 HD movies and over 40 episodes of the most popular series at any one point. With the OSN Showbox HD subscribers won’t have to miss any of their favourite shows, said a statement.
In addition to OSN On Demand services, the OSN Showbox HD DVR comes with a range of new features including:
• The ability to switch subtitles on and off on all HD channels.
• Eight-day interactive TV Guide allowing viewers to book multiple recordings eight days in advance, the ability to record two shows and watch a 3rd simultaneously and the option to record all episodes of a favourite series at the touch of a button.
• All basic DVR features such as rewind, forward, play pause and record 100’s of hours of HD TV entertainment.
OSN has exclusive deals with all of the major studios including Warner Brothers, Paramount, Fox, Disney, Sony, MGM, Universal and DreamWorks that allows OSN to premiere the most recent Hollywood blockbusters including Toy Story 3, Robin Hood, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Invictus - all in high definition.
Marc-Antoine d’Halluin, president and CEO of OSN said: “We already have over 120,000 HD subscribers enjoying over 12 exclusive HD channels and we expect to deploy over 75,000 OSN Showbox HD DVRs by the end of 2010. We are unaware of any other service provider in the world who can rival our premium line-up of entertainment on our new OSN Showbox HD DVR. This launch will change the way our subscribers experience TV. By pressing the red button on the OSN Showbox remote control, OSN subscribers enter a whole new world of entertainment at their convenience.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn
- Focus on anti-trafficking co-operation
- 300 brands on show at Saudi Foodex
- Bridge project at US base to be ready soon
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers