Dubai gears up for first ‘Perfume Oscars’
Dubai, September 7, 2010
Fragrance Foundation Arabia will organise the region’s first ‘Perfume Oscars’ in Dubai on November 30 to highlight and acknowledge local and regional fragrance producers.
The "FiFi Fragrance Awards will be the first perfume award in the region, said a statement from Fragrance Foundation Arabia,- the regional arm of the global fragrance industry body, The Fragrance Foundation based in New York.
The first annual ‘FiFi’ Fragrance Awards will be held at The Address Downtown Dubai, and hosted by well-known UAE TV presenter, Aida Busaidi.
The event will be attended by the industry’s key players including local manufactures, brand custodians, suppliers, perfumers, retailers and distributors. A host of local and International celebrities will also be present at the prestigious event.
“Our main focus is to enhance the image of the local fragrance industry and to expand the appreciation and use of fragrance in all its forms globally across all distribution channels,” said Shahzad Haider, chairman of Fragrance Foundation Arabia.
“For this reason we will be honouring the region’s best fragrances by introducing special categories for local brands such as ‘Best Male and Best Female Arabian Prestige Awards’, along with the International perfume categories,” Haider noted.
“This fragrance business is driven by the consumers, thus they will have a strong voice in the awards. We will be introducing an online voting process for consumers which will determine the finalists in each fragrance category,” remarked Grit Pannier, president of Fragrance Foundation Arabia.
"The winners will then be selected by an independent jury of professionals. One of the most prestigious awards will also be the consumer FiFi category, whereby the public is the jury," he added.
The American FiFi Awards was conceived in 1973 by the president to acknowledge and honour the creativity of the fragrance industry. Since then the FiFi has become a symbol of excellence and an icon for the industry globally.
In 1993, the first annual European ‘FiFi’ Awards for the most successful men's and women's fragrances of the year were presented in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.
The Fragrance Foundation was established in 1949 by six industry leaders affiliated with the legendary fragrance houses Elizabeth Arden, Coty, Guerlain, Helena Rubenstein, Chanel and Perfumes Weil, to develop educational programs about the importance and pleasures of fragrance for the American public.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station