Moulinex unveils new electric pressure cooker
Dubai, September 15, 2010
Moulinex, the French manufacturer of innovative small kitchen appliances, has launched a new electric pressure cooker in the Gulf.
The product is designed with busy career women in mind, according to a spokesperson.
Minut’ Cook is easy to use and takes the stress out of cooking with temperature and pressure control features and the additional keep warm function, he added.
Minut’ Cook comes with a six litre capacity and a recipe book containing 100 local and international recipes endorsed by prominent women.
The advantage of a Minut’ Cook over that of a conventional pressure cooker is that there is no need to watch the pressure cooker as it stops by itself and goes to the keep warm function at the end of cooking, no spillage and no continued steam release as there is automatic control of temperature and pressure unlike a regular pressure cooker used with a gas cooker, he explained.
With two settings for high pressure and low pressure, all the dishes can be cooked in this appliance from the main course, vegetables and dessert.
High pressure is used when food needs to be cooked fast and the low pressure mode is used to better preserve vitamins in steam cooking.
To illustrate the time savings achieved Minut’ Cook prepares lentils soup, which normally takes one and a half hours to cook in around 20 minutes and Machbous which take two hours to prepare takes only 30 minutes. While a chicken curry normally cooked in two hours needs only 12 minutes, Koreshe Gormeh Sabzi which cooks in two and a half hours needs only 25 minutes in this cooker while Tharyd: which needs three hours can be cooked in just 30 minutes.
In addition the Minut’ Cooker is capable of three pre-cooking modes: browning, simmer and sauté. A unique feature of this cooker is the digital timer with countdown, starting automatically when under pressure providing automatic control of temperature and pressure during cooking.
Other features include a light indicator in the LED screen, and it comes with a non-stick removable cooking pot and steam basket which is dishwasher safe.
This product is built with the safety foremost in the designer’s mind. Sealed locking lid provides safety while cooking and the lid will not open when it is under pressure. Overheat and over pressure protection systems are in place for added protection.
Minut’ Cook is made of stainless steel with cool touch handles. It also comes with a black plastic steam basket and dew collector.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages