Bahrain’s king assures security
Manama, September 20, 2010
His Majesty King Hamad has pledged to protect Bahrain’s security and stability and foil all attempts to endanger its unity or harm brotherly and friendly countries.
'Bahrain repeats that it will never accept to be the starting point for any subversive acts which may cause harm, whether to the kingdom itself, or to brothers and friends,' he said.
'Bahrain's security is but an integral part of the regional security and stability,' His Majesty said as he chaired the weekly Cabinet meeting at Sakhir Palace, in the presence of HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa.
He stressed the strong bond between the leadership and people in confronting the scourge of terror.
'Our will is in total accord with the popular will to combat terrorism, for Bahrain to be secure, stable, aspiring to achieve more progress and prosperity,' he said.
'The unwavering support for the security measures we have undertaken against the terrorists was visible to the entire world,' he said, citing popular festivals being organised across Bahrain to pledge allegiance.
'The cables and statements we have received from national and popular parties extended to us citizens' unflinching support, allegiance and mobilisation for the sake of Bahrain's security and stability,' His Majesty said.
'This popular, regional and international support which was witnessed by everyone, and which we appreciate a lot, has but consolidated Bahrain's solid economic status - one of the terrorists' targets,' he said.
His Majesty took pride in the large number of nominations for the forthcoming parliament and municipal elections.
'The turnout, the highest to date, is a major catalyst to continue the democratic march upbeat and embark on our wide-ranging, far-reaching development to the benefit of Bahrainis who are loyal to their country and glorious heritage,' he said.
His Majesty paid tribute to the Interior Ministry and the Public Security for their patriotic dedication towards their motherland.
In line with the Royal directives, HRH the Premier instructed all ministries and government departments to submit programmes and plans aimed at consolidating national achievements and anchoring democracy.
The government, he said, will spare no effort to preserve Bahrain's status as an oasis of security, and consolidate its pioneering economic position.
The government will continue to take necessary measures to foil any plot seeking to terrorise people, destroy public and private property and spread false news to stigmatise Bahrain's reputation and incite hatred.
He also paid tribute to loyal Bahrainis who spoke with one voice and stood united behind His Majesty's wise leadership. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family