Bahrain’s maritime photo expo opens
Manama, September 23, 2010
A photography exhibition featuring a collection of historic and contemporary maritime images displaying unique and vintage images of Bahrain’s maritime industry legacy has opened at Bahrain City Centre.
“The Mariner- A Photography Exhibition” was launched by Shaikh Daij bin Salman Al Khalifa, chairman of the General Organisation of Sea Ports (GOP), as part of the activities lined up for Bahrain Maritime Festival.
The photography exhibition is open to the public till September 25.
Business executives, government officials, members of the diplomatic corps and of the media attended the opening ceremony, and were given a tour of the exhibition by Khalifa Shaheen, who took many of the photographs himself.
The Bahrain Maritime Festival represents the kingdom’s landmark celebration of the World Maritime Day (WMD), which is taking place all over the world throughout this week.
Held under the International Maritime Organisation’s (IMO) 2010 theme of Year of the Seafarer, this year’s event will include activities specifically geared to past, current and future generations of Bahraini sea-goers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- BAE Systems falls after UAE halts fighter talks
- GCC to set up 100,000-strong security force
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires