CNBC launches ‘clean energy’ series
London, September 23, 2010
CNBC, the leading business and financial news channel, has launched a new global 10-part segment series on clean energy called People, Planet, Profit.
The series is sponsored by The Zayed Future Energy Prize, an annual award that celebrates achievements that reflect innovation, long-term vision and leadership in renewable energy and sustainability.
People, Planet, Profit looks at the next generation of clean technologies and goes behind the scenes of the most innovative companies and the unique energy they create. For each technology the series will assess if it’s a viable clean energy source and if it can turn a profit for investors.
Each programme will examine cutting edge technologies including tidal wave, osmotic power, algae fuel, kite power and smart grids. The segments, which will air during prime programming, will be hosted by CNBC anchor Geoff Cutmore.
The series will be broadcast on CNBC’s three regional networks, covering Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia-Pacific and the United States, reaching more than 240 million households worldwide.
The series launched in EMEA and Asia-Pacific yesterday (September 22) and started airing in the US this week.
People, Planet, Profit will air twice on Thursdays in EMEA at 09.45 CET and 16.45 CET. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- DuPont in sustainability goals success
- Abu Dhabi Police, Royal Jet ink agreement
- Jotun opens warehouse in Dammam
- RAK Ceramics deploys top SAP software
- GCAA warns on helium balloon dangers
- Top pizza chain plans big UAE investment
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to clinch key deal
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role