P&G unveils new sustainability vision
Dubai, September 28, 2010
Procter & Gamble accelerated its commitment to sustainability by unveiling a long-term environmental sustainability vision.
As part of P&G’s strategy to grow responsibly, the company will work towards a long-term environmental sustainability vision that includes:
- Powering its plants with 100 per cent renewable energy
- Using 100 per cent renewable or recycled materials for all products and packaging
- Having zero consumers and manufacturing waste go to landfills
- Designing products that delight consumers while maximising the conservation of
The new vision provides P&G with a long-term framework to guide all sustainability decisions and goal-setting within the organisation.
“Accelerating P&G’s commitment to environmental sustainability is a critical component of the company’s ongoing growth strategy to improve more consumers’ lives in more parts of the world more completely,” said Bob McDonald, P&G chairman of the board, president and CEO.
To enable the company to track progress against its long-term sustainability vision, P&G will implement a series of 10-year sustainability goals.
“Under a new partnership, WWF and P&G will continue to work together to address issues of sustainable production and sustainable consumption,” added Carter Roberts, chief executive officer and president, World Wildlife Fund US.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Panasonic donates solar lights to kenya village
- UAE designer hosts fashion show in Bahrain
- Emirates inks PSG shirt sponsorship deal
- UAE’s coffee champ eyes World Barista trophy
- Sanjeev Kapoor captivates Treat visitors
- Sudan firm to export animal feed to Gulf
- Arrest of Saudi with pressure cooker 'overzealous'
- Stability ‘returning to Bahrain streets’
- UAE’s coffee & tea usage up 85pc in 3 years
- Alwaleed Foundation supports art course