France, Qatar in Areva stake talks
Paris, October 8, 2010
French government officials have visited Qatar to renew talks with representatives from the Qatari sovereign fund to discuss taking a minority stake in French nuclear reactor maker Areva, according to a report.
State-owned Areva is looking to list up to 15 percent of its capital in order to fund an effort to build next-generation nuclear reactors abroad, La Tribune reported on Thursday.
Qatar along with Japan's Mitsubishi Corporation and the Kuwaiti sovereign fund are considering taking a stake in Areva, the newspaper said.-Reuters
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain seizes $7.2m drugs in boat raids
- UAE pulls out of $9.8bn Eurofighter deal
- Saudi's inaugural food expo 'a big hit'
- One million Gazans in need of food aid says UN
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head