Subway opens 3 new outlets in the region
Dubai, October 17, 2010
Subway restaurant chain, the world’s largest submarine sandwich franchise, has opened its landmark 100th store in the UAE, 44th in Kuwait and 41st in Saudi Arabia.
Subway has also planned to add three new stores in Kuwait and two in Saudi Arabia by the end of 2010.
The new milestone will further complement Subway’s diverse regional network, which boasts a total of 230 outlets in the region including the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, and Egypt.
Kuwait and Saudi Arabia are the second and third largest markets for Subway in the Mena region after the UAE.
“Our continuous expansion comes as a key step to meet the increasing demand for the healthier options that we offer with optimum value,” stated Hisham Ghazal, brand manager, Subway Middle East and Africa.
“The year 2010 is special for us by all measures. With the opening of nine new outlets, the year has witnessed the biggest expansion of Subway in Saudi Arabia, followed by six new stores in 2005 and five in 2009,” added Christopher Reyes, operational director, Subway-Saudi Arabia.
The company has also rolled out a two-month long campaign titled 'Make it Your Way' across television, radio, print and digital, as well as online and outdoor platforms.
“We are planning an additional 40 locations within the next five years,” said Abdulrahman Al Mutairi, chairman and development agent, Subway-Kuwait.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey