QNCC names new sales manager
Doha, October 21, 2010
Irette Ferriera has joined Qatar National Convention Centre (QNCC) as sales manager – International.
South African Irette has joined the team of Qatar’s iconic convention centre, which is due to open mid next year, from the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) where her main focus was to secure international association conferences for Cape Town.
In addition, Irette held the position of Western Cape Secretariat for the Exhibition and Event Association of Southern Africa (EXSA) for two years. Subsequently she was asked to join the Western Cape committee for the South African Conference Industry (Saaci) with a focus on education.
In her new role at QNCC, Irette’s main responsibilities will be to promote QNCC and its world class facilities to the international meetings market whilst at the same time increasing global awareness of Qatar as an exciting new destination for business events.
Irette will be reporting directly to QNCC director of Sales, Sue Hocking.
“Irette brings with her a wealth of relevant experience and expertise, not to mention enthusiasm, which will be invaluable in supporting our efforts to endorse QNCC as an unparalleled venue both in the region and worldwide. It is a very exciting time for Irette to join us given that the QNCC is on schedule to open in just under one year,” said Sue Hocking.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- UAE food expo nets $544m deals
- Bleak outlook for WTO deal as rift widens
- Cargill picks top ME banker for Asia role
- Raytheon sees $5bn Mideast orders in 'weeks'
- Civil servants may get 20pc pay increase
- Bikers Cafe launched in Fujairah
- N Irish seafood firms eye Mideast market
- UAE experts warn of rising child abuse
- German pump specialist boosts ME presence
- Almaymanah signs franchise with Austria firm