Masdar event focuses on ‘green’ design
Abu Dhabi, October 21, 2010
Masdar, an Abu Dhabi-based initiative for renewable energy, is showcasing innovative construction projects and technologies focused on eco-friendly building and design at an ongoing forum in London.
Called the Masdar Future Urban Zone, the exhibition at the European Future Energy Forum (EFEF) unites companies and specific projects from around the world, including UAE’s Masdar City, the emerging global clean technology cluster and sustainable urban development.
“Built environments that are capable of achieving high energy efficiency will be the cornerstone of sustainable communities of the future,” said Dr Sultan Al Jaber, CEO and managing director of Masdar.
“Through open innovation and collaboration we envision Masdar City will accelerate new discoveries in sustainable urban planning – creating a roadmap for others to follow.”
“Innovations in building design and construction can range from the engineering of intelligent software to new green building materials,” added Al Jaber. “Collectively, new technologies will enable the world to consume less power and aid in curbing its growing appetite.”
The exhibition runs for the duration of the EFEF forum, which opened on October 19, and is closing today (October 21). – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Bahrain firm to set up virtual fantasy world
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced