Top security expo opens in Doha
Doha, October 26, 2010
The eighth edition of international internal security exhibition,'Milipol Qatar 2010' opened in Doha on Monday. Over 200 companies from 33 countries, including seven debutants, are showcasing their products at the expo.
Qataar Minister of State for Interior Affairs Sheikh Abdulla bin Nasser Al Thani opened the three-day event in the presence of the French Minister of Interior, Overseas Territories and Territorial Collectivities Brice Hortefeux, the chief of staff of the Qatari Armed Forces Major General Hamad bin Ali Al-Atiyya and the Commander of Emiri Guards Major General Hazzaa Al-Shahwani.
The ceremony was also attended by the director general of French gendarmerie Major General Jack Mnyo, Inspector General of Oman Police and Customs Lt. Gen. Malik bin Sulaiman, director general of Dubai Police Lt. Gen. Dahi Khalfan, secretary general of Arab Interior Ministers' Council Dr Mohammed bin Ali Koman, undersecretary for Technology and Information Affairs of the Ministry of Interior, Kuwait Sheikh Meshal Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, undersecretary of Ministry of Interior, Yemen Maj. Gen. Hussain Ali Haitham and director general of Public Security at Qatar Ministry of Interior Maj. Gen. Saa'd bin Jassim Al Khulaifi.
Besides this, a number of delegations from the GCC countries, Arab countries and the directors of the different departments of the Ministry of Interior took part. Los Angeles County Sheriff Leroy D. Baca also attended the program.
The Minister and the guests later toured the exhibition and visited various stalls showcasing equipment and products of internal security.
The total area occupied for the exhibition is 7135 sq m where seven pavilions have been set up, said Brigadier Nasser bin Fahad Al Thani, the president of Milipol Qatar Committee.
The Qatari Pavilion has 12 companies, French (45 companies), the US (15 companies), German (10 companies), Singaporean (3 companies) with two new pavilions of Chinese (9 companies) and Czech (7 companies)', he explained.
Finland, Sweden, Portugal, Poland, Kazakhstan, Japan and Tunisia are taking part for the first time, he said.
The expo, which is held every two years, is being organised under the patronage of the Emir Shiekh Hamand bin Khalifa Al Thani and the heir apparent Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
The ninth session of Milipol Qatar will be held from November 26 to 28, 2012-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity