Investcorp to host workshop
Manama, November 1, 2010
Investcorp is to host a workshop on contemporary issues and solutions relating to corporate governance and board effectiveness conducted by the GCC Board of Directors Institute (BDI).
The workshop will be held at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain, Hotel and Spa from tomorrow until Wednesday.
This is the eighth in a series of workshops conducted by the BDI and the second hosted by Investcorp.
The workshop will be attended by senior directors from leading corporate entities and institutions in the region, including Saudi Aramco, Mumtalakat, Dubai Holding and The Arab Thought Foundation.
Participants will hear from faculty members of leading advisory institutions on building board members' capabilities, and will have the opportunity to engage in extensive peer discussion.
'We are proud to host this prestigious event in Bahrain,' said Investcorp Gulf business president Mohammed Al Shroogi.
'In challenging economic times good corporate governance practices have never been more important.
'Investcorp has always believed that transparency and corporate governance can play a vital role in improving the regional investment climate and in helping develop capital markets.
'The BDI, and the workshops it conducts, help raise awareness of the benefits of adopting best corporate governance principles on both a corporate and country level.
'Implementing corporate governance can increase the corporate value of companies, but more importantly it facilitates the economic and financial integration of the GCC with the rest of the world.'-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show
- Omani firms shine at top food expo
- Bahrain to set up national food company
- Dozens hurt in gas leak at plant near Doha