EIBTM offers better visitor experience
Barcelona, November 2, 2010
EIBTM, the leading global event for the meetings and events industry, has introduced a number of features and applications to enhance the business experience at the event.
Following a record attendance in 2009, and post-event analysis that asked visitors about their experiences, leading events organiser Reed Travel Exhibitions has planned on providing an even visitor experience.
EIBTM, taking place November 30 to December 2 in Barcelona, plans to launch its first interactive floor plan. The online floor plan will enable visitors to pre-plan their business itinerary by viewing a detailed overview of the event layout with exhibitors and partners listed by stand, and can also be used in conjunction with Facebook.
EIBTM will also introduce connect@eibtm as its own community and will be similar to Facebook, where trade visitors can communicate with each other, and have the ability to search online for any exhibitor, as well as add seminars and other functions to create an itinerary.
For travel to Barcelona, Lufthansa has been appointed as the Official Airline for 2010, offering discounted flights, across the carrier's comprehensive international route network. Attendees can book at special rates between November 23 and December 9 by visiting lufthansa.com/event-booking_en, and entering the access code DEIUI in the "Access to Event Booking" area.
Hotels at a choice of city locations are all available within the travel information area of eibtm.com. When booked through the EIBTM official DMC, Ultramar, discounts will apply. Rail tickets are also available from the Tourist Information point at the Fira Gran Via.
Once onsite, visitors can keep up to date with all that is happening via the launch of EIBTM TV, a dedicated TV channel broadcasting news, interviews, education, and a daily round up via screens located throughout the show.
In addition, the Show Daily newspaper, available each day, will feature news items and round-ups of the event, as well as covering the education and conference content.
Association programme attendees will have access to a new iPhone Application in association with Congrex. This new tool will enable attendees to have up to date information in the palm of their hand, along with their schedules for the event and floor plan information.
There is a range of networking events to enhance the visitor experience such as, the welcome party, the club night and the Networking Hour. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt food subsidy bill to total $4.3bn this year
- Entrepreneurship festival targets SMEs
- Equity firm buys into Algerian Pepsi bottler
- Mother recounts vice den ordeal in Bahrain
- More companies 'getting into CSR activities'
- Middle East grain import bills could rise
- New Emirati themed restaurant opens
- 4 UAE companies in race for agri innovation awards
- Stage set for Bahrain Animal Production Show
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Dubai chamber F&B group sets roadmap for 2014
- Feminisation drive costs $213m to Saudi firms
- US interiors firm opens MEA base in Dubai
- Saudi 'spends $1.6bn on energy drinks'
- Farmer is jailed for raping housemaid in Bahrain
- Bahraini mother recounts firebombs agony
- Guard foils masked ATM robbers in Bahrain
- Bahraini on Arab world's 'most powerful women' list
- Latest kitchen technology at Sharjah event
- Number of HNWIs in Africa to double by 2023
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting