Agriculture 'is vital for sustained growth'
Manama, November 4, 2010
Her Royal Highness Princess Sabeeka bint Ibrahim Al Khalifa, wife of His Majesty and Supreme Council for Women chairwoman, has stressed the importance of developing agriculture.
This came as she chaired the second meeting of the consultative council for the national initiative to promote the sector.
She also stressed the need to strike a balance between agriculture and urban development, highlighting the determination to achieve a qualitative leap in the agricultural sector in co-operation with concerned sectors.
Municipal Affairs and Urban Planning Minister Dr Juma Al Ka'abi spoke on his ministry's strategy for the agricultural sector, in line with Economic Vision 2030.
Initiative secretary-general Dr Waheed Al Qassim outlined a framework to ensure sustained agricultural development, while Bapco acting chief executive Faisal Al Mahroos and GPIC director-general Abdulrahman Jawaheri highlighted their companies' efforts to support the sector.
Bahrain International Garden Show (BIGS) general co-ordinator Shaikha Maram bint Isa Al Khalifa spoke on preparations for BIGS 2011 in February.
The initiative to develop the agricultural sector is HRH the Princess's brainchild to foster sustained development, enhance food security and increase its contribution to the GDP.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn