Shipping of dangerous goods focus for summit
Abu Dhabi, November 4, 2010
Technical instructions for the safe transport of dangerous goods by air and other means will be discussed at an upcoming meeting in Abu Dhabi.
The UAE General Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) will host the International Civil Aviation Organization’s (Icao) Dangerous Goods Panel Meeting of the Working Group 10 from November 6 to 11 at the Park Rotana Hotel.
Saif Mohammad Al Suwaidi, director general of the GCAA, will welcome Dr Katherine Rooney, Icao dangerous goods programme manager, and the UAE guests who represent more than 30 countries especially from the US and Europe.
The meeting will be held following the GCAA’s continuous efforts to ensure safe and secure carriage of dangerous goods and implementation of the highest safety and security standards given to its important role in the regional aviation industry. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan