UTC Fire & Security forms new JV in region
Dubai, November 11, 2010
UTC Fire & Security, a provider of fire safety and security solutions, has created a joint venture in the UAE with Muneer Ahmad Al-Sheikh Mohammed Sharif Al Olama of Zener Group.
The joint venture has been named Zener Fire and Security.
'The Middle East industry for fire safety and electronic security solutions is large and growing rapidly and our joint venture is well positioned to meet the increasing need for fire and security equipment and services in the region,' said William Brown, president of UTC Fire & Security.
'We have been making successful investments in companies, like Zener Fire and Security, in the UAE and in other locations in the region, including Qatar and Kuwait. UTC Fire & Security will continue to ramp up our technical expertise in the region and expand our local presence through investments that allow us to serve our customers better in the areas of supply, service and maintenance,' said Brown.
Established in 1974, Zener has a strong foothold in the local and regional power generation, sub-station and desalination plant fire protection sectors.
Brown also announced that UTC Fire & Security will be establishing a product technology demo centre in the region which will serve as a centre of excellence for fire products.
'This facility will have indoor and outdoor training and demonstration capabilities where our customers and channel partners can experience the full technical capabilities of our products,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan
- Interface showcases new collection
- Saudi woman director wins top GFF award
- Bahrain food firms gear up for Ramadan
- Bahrain police recover 800 firebombs
- Raytheon to ink $2.1bn Oman arms deal
- Saudi firm delays Sudan deal over dollar curbs
- Saudi dairy approves $26m dividends
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants