UTC Fire & Security forms new JV in region
Dubai, November 11, 2010
UTC Fire & Security, a provider of fire safety and security solutions, has created a joint venture in the UAE with Muneer Ahmad Al-Sheikh Mohammed Sharif Al Olama of Zener Group.
The joint venture has been named Zener Fire and Security.
'The Middle East industry for fire safety and electronic security solutions is large and growing rapidly and our joint venture is well positioned to meet the increasing need for fire and security equipment and services in the region,' said William Brown, president of UTC Fire & Security.
'We have been making successful investments in companies, like Zener Fire and Security, in the UAE and in other locations in the region, including Qatar and Kuwait. UTC Fire & Security will continue to ramp up our technical expertise in the region and expand our local presence through investments that allow us to serve our customers better in the areas of supply, service and maintenance,' said Brown.
Established in 1974, Zener has a strong foothold in the local and regional power generation, sub-station and desalination plant fire protection sectors.
Brown also announced that UTC Fire & Security will be establishing a product technology demo centre in the region which will serve as a centre of excellence for fire products.
'This facility will have indoor and outdoor training and demonstration capabilities where our customers and channel partners can experience the full technical capabilities of our products,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- World boxing legend to visit Bahrain
- UAE road accidents decline by 23.5pc
- Top businesswomen in Bahrain honoured
- Death penalty sought for Bahrain terrorists
- Girl, 9, dies after fall from 8th floor in Abu Dhabi
- Lebanese café brand opens Dubai outlet
- Bahrain poultry firm told to step up safety
- Customer dies in Bahrain cafe brawl
- Bahraini boys hurt while planting bombs
- Philips, Ericsson launch LED street lighting
- DuBiotech to set up first Halal safety lab
- Jotun to supply coatings for Makkah Station
- Raytheon wins $655m Kuwait Patriot deal
- Alwaleed Foundation lights up 3 Saudi villages
- Poultry farms strike may trigger shortages in Bahrain
- Oman seals Victoria food security pact
- Saudi woman, 80, donates $133m to charity
- New Saudi clamp on energy drinks
- Outrage follows Bahrain killer bomb
- Improvised explosive device used in Bahrain attack
- 3 policemen killed in Bahrain blast
- Dammam-Al Ahsa train service starts
- Egypt wheat supplies enough to last until June
- Expat killed at Saudi workers' holding facility
- 80 global speakers for Doha summit on family
- Restaurant runs up $47,555 phone bill in 4 days
- NZ minister to visit Gulf states
- Public-private tie-ups ‘vital for agri growth’
- China firm wins solar power project in Amman
- 15,000 attend Bahrain garden show