Thomas Klein designs new UAE pastry shops
Dubai, November 11, 2010
Thomas Klein, the Dubai based restaurant consultants, and their Chicago architectural office PS Studio, have completed the design concept of the new series of pastry shops to be launched in Abu Dhabi.
The shops will operate under the name of Crème Royale, and are jointly owned by The Royal Group in Abu Dhabi and Greek investor, Theodore Zaravinos.
The first store will be located in Souk Al Merkazi (Central Market), and the second will open a few months later in Paragon Mall which will also feature a seating area for on-site consumption of sweets, pastries and light meals.
Paragon Mall will also house the central production unit, a state-of-the-art facility which will be over 250 square meters in size.
“Crème Royale was designed as a white space that showcases the pastries as precious jewellery and pieces of art,” said Paula Palombo, PS Studio principal.
“The display fridges have also been designed to replicate jewellery display cases made of chrome, glass and walnut wood.”
The first outlet is due to open in late January 2011, and the range of cakes available will include tailor-made wedding and birthday cakes, to ‘Prêt a Porter’ line of individual cakes of various sizes.
“Ultimately Crème Royale is designed as a sophisticated gallery displaying aristocratic patisserie,” said Daniel During, managing partner of Thomas Klein International.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- US burger chain to open outlets in Saudi
- $350,000 raised at Dubai charity event
- 2013 deadliest for desperate migrants, says report
- Bahrain sees 25pc drop in fires
- 4,500 to exhibit at Dubai food show
- Northrop Grumman names new Saudi head
- 1,500 delegates at Ajman networking event
- Iran buys Indian raw sugar in rare deals
- US, Chinese warships narrowly avoid collision
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey