11 films focused on Arab world at DIFF
Dubai, November 24, 2010
Eleven films representing the best of contemporary international cinema focused on the Arab world will screen at next month’s seventh Dubai International Film Festival.
The festival’s Arabian Nights segment, a DIFF mainstay since its 2004 debut, this year includes dramas, comedies, musicals and thrillers by international directors depicting slices of life in Iraq, Iran, Syria, Egypt, Turkey, Palestine, Algeria and Mauritania.
They include two world premieres, one international premiere, six that are new to the Middle East and two new to the Gulf region; and a host of unusual collaborations, said a statement.
The seventh edition of Dubai International Film Festival 2010 will be held from December 12 to 19. The DIFF 2010 Box Office is now open, said the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Dubai gold refiner wins ISO certification
- KKR among bidders for Saudi fast food chain
- UK denies role in Bahrain’s security action
- Wadi makes splash in booming MICE market
- Alba donates aid to Bahrain’s elderly
- Ethiopia, Egypt tone down talk of war over Nile dam
- Tougher food marketing needed to cut obesity: WHO
- Playnation to host Hip Hop contest
- Bahrain alerts on waste food during Ramadan
- BAS wins hospital catering contract