Saudi beverage firms win quality awards
Beirut, December 2, 2010
Several Saudi Arabian companies within the regional beverage industry have gained the “Qatra Award 2010” for the quality of their products at a recent beverage conference in Beirut.
The Al Rabie Saudi food Company won the award for its best product (fortified orange with calcium), and Al Marai Company for its dairy products and Sama from the UAE for its water production.
The Arab Beverage Conference emphasized the need for more coordination among the Arab World’s beverage businesses, and particularly focused on the enhancement of industry standards and the adoption of more anti-fraud initiatives.
The conference also discussed the role of the beverage sector in Arab food security and the need to pursue more active beverage trade within the region.
Monther Al Harthi, president of the Arab Beverage Association and CEO of Al Rabie Saudi Foods, noted that science and technology have been key contributors to industry growth and that more developments have to be undertaken to address health and environmental impacts.
“Over the past two decades the beverage segment has made significant inroads within the Arab food industry,” said Al Harthi.
“The adoption of best practices and world-class technologies has enabled the sector to meet consumer demand while ensuring products safety and quality. The next step is for our sector to adopt a more united, collaborative approach as we address the challenges of our industry and plan for sustained growth,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Gulf Air backs UN 'MY World' survey
- South Korean group in $1.1bn Iraq jet deal
- Northrop Grumman inks Saudi training deal
- RJ, Jordan Society sign strategic deal
- 125 exhibitors for Sharjah halal expo
- SRB to oversee UK firm’s shari’a compliance drive
- SMEs conference opens in Bahrain
- Nasa finds evidence of freshwater lake in Mars
- Diamond to launch UK café brand in UAE
- Mideast super-rich's wealth surges to $354bn