Summertown fits out Netherlands embassy
Dubai, December 22, 2010
Summertown Interiors, a leading turnkey fit-out contractor, has executed a project for the recently occupied Netherlands Consulate-General in Dubai.
The primary aim was to create an interior that embraced the modern, minimalist feel that characterises European design, catering to the Consulate’s client base and creating an identity that is truly Dutch in nature.
The pre-designed project was handled by top Dutch-based design firm, Jorissen Simonetti Architects, with Summertown taking an applied approach managing the project on-site.
Summertown handled liaising with suppliers in sourcing products, both locally and from overseas in addition to co-ordinating municipality approvals and the like.
The project required the delivery of specialist materials, ranging from bullet proof glass partitions provided from Dutch manufacturer Unispace, and state-of-the-art security systems. To facilitate this, Summertown’s involvement on the project exceeded that of general project management, offering detailed workshop drawings that allowed ease of installation of products across the board from a number of suppliers.
“Not only were activities regarding architects Jorrisen Simonetti design syncronised harmoniously but we were highly impressed with the expertise and experience that Summertown brought to the table,” said Stephan van de Wall, Consul and head of the Economic Department – Netherlands Consulate-General.-TradeArabia News Service
More Miscellaneous Stories
- Egypt gathers 2.7m tonnes of wheat
- Iran seeks to speed up nuclear activity: IAEA
- RAK yacht club enters new partnership
- Mubadala unit developing new cabin concept
- Iran denies link to spying ring in Saudi
- Turkey shuts Syria border after bombings
- Enrolment for tourism youth summer camp opens
- Bahrain MPs vote to ban pork
- Kuwaiti touristic website introduced
- Lebanese firm to invest $800m in Sudan